While synchronizing files, it is sometimes necessary to designate files and/or folders which should be exclusively purged, or which should be excluded from being purged on the Target device.
Secure Copy 7.1 introduces the option to take very detailed control over files being synchronized and whether file/folders that have been created on the Target will be over-written.
To create a filter for files or folders:
1. Click Jobs, and expand the job name.
2. Select Synchronization and then click Filters.
3. Select "Apply filter to the files", or "Apply filter to the folders".
4. Click Add.
5. In the Add Filter Name box, type the characters to filter on, using the asterisk wildcard where needed.
EXAMPLE: TEST* returns files such as TEST_FILE.doc
EXAMPLE: *TEST returns files such as BOB_FILE_TEST.doc
EXAMPLE: *TEST* returns files such as BOB_TEST_FILE.doc
6. Select the option to either 'Purge' or 'DO NOT purge'
7. Click OK.