There are various requirements to perform a Linux File Level Restore on a Linux Virtual Machine. This knowledgebase article is a broad overview of those requirements.
1. Linux FLR can only be performed with vRanger Pro. It is not a feature of vRanger Standard Edition.
2. The Virtual Appliance must be deployed in order to do the file level restore. If there is an existing VA in the environment that is being used for backup or replication,
then that can be used. Otherwise, please deploy the VA.
The following knowledgebase video describes how to deploy the VA:https://support.quest.com/Search/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL92084
3. Supported Linux File Systems for Linux FLR
These file systems are supported for Linux FLR.
• EXT 2, 3 and 4
• Logical Volume Manager (LVM) is supported in vRanger 5.3 and later versions.
• LVM is supported for FLR only for Volume Groups containing a single physical disk.
4. Linux Virtual Machine Properties
To perform a FLR on a Linux VM, the VM properties need to be set to 'Linux'
To verify this, do the following:
Right click on Linux VM | Edit Settings | Options | General Options.
The 'Guest Operating System Pane' should be set to radio button 'Linux'.
From the drop down list select the version of Linux OS that you are using .