When opening the Spotlight on Message Console the following error may be seen:
""Function requirement failed" Spotlight Management Framework - An Fatal internal error has occurred. Please contact Quest Software technical support for assistance."
Multiple Lync Plugin entries exist in database.
Follow the Steps below to fix the issue.
1. Go to the SQL Server that hosts the SpotliightManagementFramework Database and open up SQL Management Studio and connect to the instance the database is on.
2. Expand the SpotliightManagementFramework Database, expand tables and find the dbo.T_Plugins table.
3. Right click dbo.T_Plugins and select Edit.
4. Under the PlugInName column check if there are than one "Lync".
5. Rename any duplicates "LyncOLD" and save the changes.
6. Open the console.