Credentials are not accepted during "Restore from Manifest" or "FLR from Manifest"
This article does not seek to analyze cause or a way to correct, but provides a way workaround to the problem.
This document will describe a process by which a savepoint can be imported into vRanger so, rather than fighting authentication problems, we do an end run around them and we can do a simple restore or FLR from savepoint.
1. Decide whether you will add the savepoint to an existing repository or whether you will create a purpose-built temporary repository to hold yoru save point.
1a. If you intend to build a temporary savepoint, locate the directory, configure the share and the access rights.
2. Copy the savepoint(s) into the repository. The savepoints should contain a directory structure that is two levels deep and should mirror the directory structure of other savepoints.
3. Download the RepoSync02.ps1 script from http://communities.quest.com/message/35601#35601. Also read and/or print out the instructions from the web page.
4. Verify that no backups or replications are in progress and stop the vRanger service
5. Run the script against the vRanger database and the repository in which you have placed the savepoints.
6. Restart the vRanger service.
7. Start the vRanger GUI and you should see the savepoints in the selected repository. Perform a normal restore or FLR from savepoint.