When connecting to Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0.3 in the Diagnostic Console some counters appear greyed out. BES 5.0.3 runs on Windows 2008 R2.
The following mesages appear greyed out:
- Expired Messages (perfmon)
- Messages Sent (perfmon)
- Messages Sent/min (perfmon)
- Messages Received (perfmon)
- Messages Received/min (perfmon)
- Several of the SNMP IDs don’t appear to exist any longer. More specifically the following: 'Licenses in use', 'Service Connections' and 'Device Connections'
Research In Motion (RIM) changed these counters in BES 5.0.3
Follow instructions offered by Research In Motion website to manually setup the Perfmon Counters on the Blackberry Servers. Instructions can be found here:
Additionally the default severity for these 3 counters (Expired Messages, Messages Received, Messages Sent) is initially disabled, and the datasource tables return non-numeric values,and the counters still appear grey. In order to address this issue do the following:
Right-click on each of the counters | Metrics | Datasource tab | Change the value for the 'Default Severity' field