1) Immediately after job starts, it fails and there is no error displayed in either the Job or Task log.
2) When trying to edit a backup job, you receive an error on the second screen "There has been a change in your environment..."
There has been a change in your infrastructure or ESX(i) environment. The vRanger software can no loner communicate with Virtual Center and/or ESX(i) Servers.
The most common cause of this behavior is changed IP address of the VC or ESX(i) host.
Refresh inventory, if it does not work proceed with steps below.
1) Remove the Virtual Center and ESX(i) from vRanger's Inventory.
Note: All jobs may go in to "Disabled" job folder when this is done.
2) Re-add the Virtual Center and ESX(i) hosts. The easiest way to do this is to use "Startup Wizard" from the Tools--->Startup Wizard menu.
3) "Edit" one of the previous backup jobs. If the name of the VM(s) within the job is displayed on the second page of the wizard, then chances are, this backup job is fine and be re-enabled. Test a job to confirm.
4) OR, if the "Edit" operation in the job reveals a "there are no VMs that meet the criteria...." message on the second page of the Wizard, the job(s) will need to be recreated.In this case, the old disabled jobs should not be re-enabled because they point to a "stale" UUID (unique identifier) of a Virtual Center or ESX(i) host that has changed since the job was first created.