When you start vRanger the vRanger GUI disappears duing start up. If you look in the event viewer you will an error similar to this.
This error is caused by corrupt .Net installation on your vRanger machine.
To correct this issue follow the following steps.
1. Go to Add/remove programs on the vRanger machine
2. Uninstall every version of Microsoft .NET Framework starting with the newest version first
3. Once every version of Microsoft .NET Framework has been uninstalled restart the vRanger machine
4. Once the machine is restarted visit http://www.Microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=25150 to download the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
5. Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
6. Run the Microsoft updates and at the minimum apply update 982167 and 982168
7. Once the two updates have been applied visit the following link http://support.Microsoft.com/kb/2262911 to apply another another Microsoft fix for .NET Framework 2.0 to work correctly
8. After restart vRanger and now vRanger should start up correctly