On-Demand Incremental backups fail with meesage: A Full backup will be run for this task due to: Excluded VMs
Even with no modifications to the task betweens runs, the same behavior occurs.
The Excluded VM can be any VM, but is most commonly the vRanger VM.
This issue is caused by a defect within the 18.104.22.16854 vRanger release.
This defect has been confirmed by Quest Development, and is slated for Final resolution in the 5.3 release of vRanger.
Current workaround is to create a Custom Backup Group within vRanger containing the object to be backed up, and create your backup job aginst the backup group.
1. Select the Inventory button in the vRanger Client
2. Click the double arrows next to Backup Groups to expand the display box
3. Right click anywhere in the Backup Groups display box, and select "Add Backup Group"
4. Browse through the tree, and check the objects you wish to backup
5. Name the Backup Group and Click Add
6. Now, right click your newley created Backup Group, and select "Backup Group" and re-create your task with the same settings as used previously.
This will provide a temporary workaround until a patch can be delivered.