Even after removal of "phantom hosts/VCs" from the dbo.InventorySourceConnection table, license count affected even though no hosts licensed. For example, customer removes all hosts from Inventory table, no hosts exist in vRanger "My Inventory" screen, but when looking at the Startup Wizard, total license count is still decremented by x CPU sockets that the "phantom hosts" occupied.
Make sure you have your license file available, as it will need to be reapplied.
First we need to download and install the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express MMC. This can be done by using this link. Accept all of the default options for install.
1. Navigate via the SQL Management Studio to the dbo.License table
2. Right-click the table, and select "Open Table"
3. When the table appears, you'll see two rows. Delete the entire first row (with the license hash and <Binary Data> in it). Leave the "NULL" line alone.
4. Close the table to commit the change.
5. Restart the three vRanger services.
6. Launch the vRanger GUI. The Startup Wizard will appear, indicating that the trial license is in use (the previous steps revert the license to the trial mode).
7. Using the Wizard, re-import the license file.
8. All licenses will now be available for use.