A possible solution is the following
Re-register the VM:
1. Power off the VM in your virtual center.
2. Right click on the vm and choose option remove from inventory.
3. Next browse the data store \ lun where the VM is located.
4. Open the folder on the data store\ lun for this VM.
5. Right click on the vmx file of the VM and choose option “add to inventory’.
6. Back in vRanger refresh the inventory and retry the backup job or create a new backup job.
Restarting the Management agents:
1. In the vCenter, if in use, select the host> Configuration tab> Virtual Machine Startup/Shutdown. Make sure the Startup value is set to "disabled" for all VMs. This will prevent the vms from being restarted with the mgmt service restart.
2. Login to the host as root via an SSH session (Putty) or directly from the Service Console.
3. Run the following commands: service mgmt-vmware restart and service vmware-vpxa restart.
4. Logout and disconnect from the host.
5. Try running the backups.