Likely cause is a corrupted 'GlobalManifest.metadata' file
Open the GlobalManifest.metadata file in a text editor of choice. The vRangerPro GlobalManifest.metadata file is a standard text file created at the top-level of every CIFS, (S)FTP or NFS respository.
1. Open the GlobalManifest.metadata file
2. Scroll down to the end of the file
3. If the last line in the Globalmanifest.metadata file is different than the following entry: </vRangerGlobalManifestFile> , add the following text to the end of the document: </vRangerGlobalManifestFile>
4. Save changes & close the Globalmanifest.metadatafile
If the file cannot be read in MS Notepad, you can do following:
1. Go to the repository share top-level and delete the GlobalManifest.metadata file.
2. Manually launch any job writing to the same repo or let the job run on schedule. Once the first backup task is completed, a new GlobalManifest file will be created.
Usually we can see last <ManFileMapEntry> tag in this file corrupted as well. If yes, it should be deleted.