How do I connect to my BlackBerry domain and what permissions are needed.
The Spotlight on Messaging service account must have the following rights.
• Member of Local Administrators group on BlackBerry Configuration Database Server in order to:
- Retrieve server information from configuration database.
• Member of Local Administrators group on each BlackBerry Enterprise Server in order to:
- Retrieve site and domain information for servers
• Member of the db_datareader membership role on any of the Backend configuration databases
To connect to your BlackBerry domain follow the steps below.
1. In the Spotlight on Messaging Management console click on the Spotlight on Messaging node in the Left hand pane
2. Click on the BlackBerry Tab
3. Click on Connect to BlackBerry Servers
4. Click the Add button
5. In the first box enter the Database server name and Instance if there is one
6. Enter the name of the BlackBerry Configuration Database and click OK
7. Click OK on the Connect to BlackBerry Servers box and that will discover you’re BlackBerry Servers.