Can Spotlight on Messaging (SoM) save a layout in the Management Console (Topology tab) and have it loaded next time it starts?
This is due to a defect in saving layout in SoM versions up to7.3 (inclusive).It tries to auto arrange the layout after it is reloaded.
This defect is fixed in SoM 7.4
For SoM versions prior to 7.4 the following workaround can be implemented:
1. Launch the Spotlight on Messaging (SoM) Management Console
2. Select the Exchange Organization name in the left [pane and ensure the Topology tab is selected in the right pane
3. Move the objects in the required location
4. Press asterisk (*) for auto-adjustment
5. Re-arrange it and press asterisk (*) again
6. Repeat this until the resulting auto-adjusted layout is acceptable
7. Closing the console and opening it again will keep the last auto-arranged layout