Error when opening the Diagnostic Console: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
Source: 004AE435 (Spotlight.000AD435)
This error has been found when the customer has Spotlight on Active Directory and Spotlight on Messaging running on the same box.
1. If Spotlight on Exchange was installed before the upgrade to Spotlight on Messaging open Windows registry and remove the following registry keys. This may fix the issue, if not move on to step #2:
(HKLM\SOFTWARE\Quest Software\Spotlight\Plug-ins\SpotlightonExchange* and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Quest Software\Products\SpotlightonExchange*)
2. Uninstall Spotlight on Active Directory from Add/Remove programs. Uninstall deployment scripts and web reports, if also installed.
3. Uninstall everything related to Spotlight on Messaging from Add/Remove programs.
4. Remove manually all folders related to Spotlight on Active Directory, Spotlight on Messaging and Spotlight from the following path: C:\Program Files\Quest Software. Finally, remove all subfolders from C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Common Files. Common files folder should not be deleted.
5. Reboot the server.
6. First, install Spotlight on Messaging and check if everything works fine.
7. Install Spotlight on Active Directory and check if it works fine, the ClassFactory issue should be fixed.