How can I export search results headers to xls format?
The option does not appear to be in the Archive Manager website to export the headers of the search results to xls.
This can be accomplished by using the Search Exporter tool and importing the results into Excel. To do this follow these steps:
- Open the Archive Manager website from the machine you wish to work on
- Click on Administrator on the top right
- Click Download Tools on the bottom left
- Download and install the Search Exporter tool by following the wizard (do no attempt to run this application as it can only be invoked from within the Archive Manager website)
- Go back to the Archive Manager website and perform the requested search
- When the search is complete click the Export button above and to the right of the search results and choose Open (this will invoke the Search Exporter tool)
- Specify a directory to export to and leave the default format which is HTML (please note that this process will also export all messages and attachments in the search and can take up a large amount of drive space depending on the results of the search)
- When the export is complete choose Finish (you may also receive an error about messages and/or attachments that could not be processed)
- Open Microsoft Excel and choose the Data menu > Import External Data > Import Data...
- Browse to the folder you exported the messages to and open the Default.html file
- You can now save this file as xls format or any other supported format.
This process will also export all messages and attachments in the search and can take up a large amount of drive space depending on the results of the search. These newly created directories can be removed after this process is complete.