A valid SMTP authentication Username and SMTP authentication Password has been entered into the Archive Manager configuration editor.
However, when a User tries to forward an Email, they see the Error "Could not logon to the SMTP server"
The default SMTP settings for an Exchange 2003 server does not require authentication for sending emails internally.
When Archive Manager tries to Authenticate, when authetication is not needed, it actually causes the error.
1. Open Archive Manager Configuration Editor.
2. Remove the entries for "SMTP authentication Username" and SMTP authentication Password.
3. Perform an IISReset
In order for Archive Manager Website to send email using SMTP through Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2010, you must configure the Hub Transport Receive Connector to accept anonymous connections.
To configure the Hub Transport, use the Exchange Management Console (EMC):
1. Select the Server Configuration | Hub Transport node.
2. Double-click the default connector for the Exchange server that you will use as your SMTP server for the Archive Manager Website.
3. Select the Permission Groups tab.
4. Select Anonymous users
5. Click Apply.