Core is working with repositories by their unique IDs and paths. So to resolve the issue, original repository should be detached, before cloned repository can be opened on the same Core.
If possible the temporary Core machine/VM can be spun and cloned repository can be opened there.
To detach the repository, please perform the following steps:
- make sure that Core is not performing any tasks and either wait for their completion or cancel active tasks if possible
- stop the Core service gracefully
- navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Core\Repositories
- each subkey there is a unique repository ID. Make sure that the proper repository i being addressed
- export the repository GUID key into the file and delete it
- start the Core service back
Repository is now detached.