There may be a need to process only one folder in each users' mailbox or only a single folder in a single mailbox.
For example an administrator wants to apply a policy B to a specific folder in a single or multiple user mailboxes.
1. Ensure a full up to date backup exists for the ArchiveManager SQL DB.
2. Stop the "Archive Exchange Store Manager Service"
3. Ensure that all MAPI Dataloaders are disabled.
4. Create a 9999 days export policy A. This will be the default policy for the mailbox(s).
5. Create a second export policy B. This should be set to immediately export mailbox items and will be assigned to a single folder to override Policy A on a specific folder.
6. Set Policy A as the Default policy on all mail server(s) and mailboxes.
7. Open SQL Management Studio, run the below query and note the policy ID of policy B.
SELECT * FROM messagepolicy
If assigning policy B to only a single folder on a single mailbox skip to Step 9.
8. To assign policy B to all folders in all mailboxes with a folder name of NNN use the following SQL query, replacing BBB with the the policy ID of policy B noted in Step 7, and NNN with the name of the folder:
UPDATE Folder SET MessagePolicyID = BBB Where Name = 'NNN'
Now skip to Step 11.
9. Note the folder ID for the folder that the policy will be applied to by opening the mailbox in the Archive Manager website then click on the folder that will have the policy applied. The folder ID will be shown in the URL in the address bar.
10. Use the following SQL query to assign policy B to the folder noted in Step 9. Replace BBB with the the policy ID of policy B noted in Step 7. Replace FFF with the folder ID noted in Step 9.
UPDATE Folder SET MessagePolicyID = BBB Where FolderID = FFF
11. Start the "Archive Exchange Store Manager Service"