This is the ninth course in a series of installation and implementation courses designed to instruct users on the essentials of deploying, configuring and administrating the KACE Systems Management Appliance (SMA) in their environment. The KACE SMA was formerly known as the K1000.
This course will focus on the vulnerability scanning features available in the SMA. This includes OVAL (Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language) and SCAP (Secure Content Automation Protocol).
After completing the entire series of courses, you will have received detailed instructions on KACE Systems Management Appliance implementation and administration skills, as well as some best practices.
The course has the following objectives:
- Tracking device operating system vulnerability compliance with OVAL and SCAP, which includes manually updating the OVAL catalog, configuring an OVAL scan schedule, OVAL results, reporting and vulnerabilities. Also, downloading SCAP benchmarks from NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), SCAP scheduling, catalog and reporting.
The following prerequisites are recommended for this course:
- Completion of the first three KACE Systems Management Implementation courses or relevant experience:
- Course 1 - Installing the KACE Systems Management Appliance
- Course 2 - Installing the KACE Systems Management Appliance Agent
- Course 3 - Appliance Fundamentals
- Familiarity with Network Systems Management
This course is approximately 1 hour.