How do we install the tool in bulk and retrieve the registry record into the Inventory?
- Refer to Intel-SA-00086_Detection_UG.pdf file for more details and command switches
- Unzip and extract the SA00086_Windows.zip to your local admin machine’s folder
- Try to locate the following files: Intel-SA-00086-console.exe
1. Upload the Intel-SA-00086-console.exe as a Dependencies file.
2. Create a “On Success” task by specifying
- Directory: SYS
- File: cmd.ext
- [x] Wait for startup
- Parameters: "$(KACE_DEPENDENCY_DIR)\Intel-SA-00086-console.exe -f sa00086results.xml -p c:\SA00086_Windows\"
Step 3: Create a CIR - Custom Inventory Rule
Go to Inventory | Software
- Choose Action -> Add New Item
- Enter a Display Name:
- Under Labels, Notes and Operating Systems | Supported Operating Systems -> Select the OS.
- On Custom Inventory Rule -> please enter - ShellCommandTextReturn(cmd.exe /c type c:\sa00086results.xml)
- Click on Save
Step 4: CIR Results:
Go to Inventory | Computers -> Select the computer that was added earlier and perform a Force Inventory
The results will display under Software | Custom Inventory Fields