During or immediately following the LDAP import, it will be necessary to review the K1000 Log and the Account Management Service Errors logs for additional information.
To review these logs:
- Go to the appliance Control Panel:
- If the Organization component is not enabled on the appliance, log in to the SMA adminui, http://SMA_hostname/admin, then click Settings.
- If the Organization component is enabled on the appliance, log in to the SMA systemui, http://SMA_hostname/system, or select System in the drop-down list in the top-right corner of the page, then click Settings.
- On the left navigation bar, click Logs to display the Logs page.
- Change the drop-down box to K1000 Log.
- LDAP imports should log lines similar to the following (exact lines will vary related to the total number of users imported/updated):
- KBOX [info] user_import: verifying of 1 users...
- KBOX [info] user_import: verifying of 2 users...
- KBOX [info] user_import: verifying of 3 users...
- KBOX [info] user_import: verified all 17 users
- KBOX [info] user_import: imported all 17 users
- Change the drop-down box to Account Management Service Errors.
- The following lines indicate that there are no recent errors:
- [0: empty]
- [krotate] logfile turned over
- If there are recent errors, there should exist a list that is numbered in a format that begins with #0. The line just before the #0 entry should include the error message.
Note: It is also possible to review these logs outside of the SMA after having downloaded the appliance activity logs. The names of the logs within the downloaded file differ slightly. The K1000 Log, will be the kbox_log and the Account Management Service Errors log will be the ams_rest_error.log.
To obtain assistance with these errors or reviewing the logs:
- Gather the appliance activity logs
- Gather any screen shots relevant to the sitution
- Open a service request including the attachments above