Please download the latest version plugin for your operating system from the download page.
1. Unzip the OST plug-in installer file using the following command:
$> /bin/gunzip Questostplugin-x86_64-xxxxx.bin.gz
2. Configure the executable bit on the OST plug-in installer using the following command:
$> /bin/chmod a+x Questostplugin-x86_64-xxxxx.bin
3. Stop the NetBackup nbrmms service before using the -install option.
The OST plug-in installer returns an error if the NetBackup nbrmms service is running when attempting to install the OST plug-in.
4. Run the OST plug-in installer using the -install option, and install the plug-in using the following command:
$> ./Questostplugin-x86_64-xxxxx.bin -install
NOTE: You must stop the NetBackup nbrmms process before installing the OST plug-in. You are also required to use the OST plug-in installer to uninstall the plug-in. The location for installing the OST plug-in is not user-configurable.
5. Once the OST plug-in installer has stopped running, and the system prompt returns, verify that the plug-in has loaded properly by checking the output using the following NetBackup command on the Linux media server:
$> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpstsinfo -plugininfo
This NetBackup command will then list the OST plug-in details. Retain the OST plug-in installer on the media server so you can use it if needed to uninstall the plug-in.
1. Stop the NetBackup services if they are running, by using the following command:
2. Verify if a previous version is already installed. If it is, uninstall it. If SETUP performs this check, there is no need to do it manually.
3. Run SETUP to install the OST plug-in.
4. Check that the plug-in is installed by using the following NetBackup command on the Windows media server:
This NetBackup command lists the OST plug-in and other plug-in details.
Start the NetBackup services by using the following command:
NOTE: For more information about uninstalling the OST plug-in see Uninstalling the RDA with OST Plug-In
Refer to the 'Installing an OST Plug-In's section of the DR4000 series Administrator Guide for information on installing the OST plugin.