If wanting to to view the image process from start to finish, press CMD and V (verbose mode)on the Mac in question before the imaging task. This way K2000 gets feedback it can understand to show the task progress.
Use these steps to start up your Mac in single-user mode or verbose mode:
- Shut down the Mac.
- Press the power button to start up the Mac.
- Immediately hold down the following keys:
- Hold down Command-S for single-user mode.
- Hold down Command-V for verbose mode.
One has successfully entered single-user mode or verbose mode when seeing white text appear on the screen.
If one can't enter single-user mode or verbose mode
If ones Mac doesn't progress beyond verbose mode, and doesn't show any messages, press the power button until the computer shuts down.
- The Mac can not start up in single-user or verbose mode if the computer owner or administrator has set a firmware password.
- If FileVault is enabled, you need to unlock the startup disk as part of this process. White text appears briefly before the FileVault login screen is shown. After selecting a user and entering the user’s password, the single-user mode or verbose mode startup process continues.
To leave single-user mode or verbose mode
To exit single-user mode type reboot then press Return. When in single-user mode, the keyboard layout is US English.
Verbose mode causes text to display during startup and shutdown. The next time one restarts the Mac, Verbose mode is no longer enabled.