Use the Ethernet dongle which came with the laptop (Asix AX88772B).
- Download the drivers for the Asix AX88772b on the website: http://www.asix.com.tw/FrootAttach/driver/AX88772C_772B_Win7_v5.x.12.0_Drivers_Setup_v184.108.40.206.zip
- Copy the drivers to the kbox driver share. Rechache the drivers on the k2000 admin website and create a new KBE according to the manual.
- Change the following items on the laptop in the BIOS: Advanced/USB Configuration:
- Legacy USB Support: Auto
- XHCI Pre-Boot Mode: Smart Auto- USB Mass storage: Enabled
- Enable the network stack.
- Enable the Launch PXE Oprom Policy and save settings.
- Restart the laptop and boot from the USB dongle. It will enumerate the USB dongle and eventually it will find the Kace DHCP server.
One thing to pay attention to during the preparation of the KBE is the manufacturer name for Asus. That is ASUSTeK_COMPUTER_INC
If this exact name is not used, the K2000 deployment will not find any driver during the driver installation in WinPE.