To take advantage of expanded monitoring capabilities for up to 200 devices, you must upgrade your system with a new license key. You contact the KACE Sales team to obtain the key.
- Go to the How to Buy page of the website: https://www.quest.com/buy.
- Contact Sales by one of the three methods presented on the How to Buy page under the KACE heading:
- Call the toll-free number for your location.
- Send an email to the address for your location.
- Fill out the Contact Form and send it. In the Comments field, include the information that you are a current K1000 user and want to gain access to the server monitoring functionality.
Update the license key information in your K1000. Update appliance license key to enable expanded server monitoring
The ability to use expanded server monitoring in the K1000 System Management Appliance requires applying an updated license key.
Before you begin
You have obtained your new license key.
- Go to the appliance Settings:
• If the Organization component is not enabled on the appliance, log in to the K1000 adminui,
http://K1000_hostname/admin, then click Settings.
• If the Organization component is enabled on the appliance, log in to the K1000 systemui,
http://K1000_hostname/system, or select System in the drop-down list in the top-right corner of the
page, then click Settings.
- Click Appliance Updates to display the Appliance Updates page.
- In the License Information section, enter your new license key, then click Update.
- Click Yes in the Confirm dialog to reboot your system.
The full features are available to you after you sign back in to the appliance following the reboot.