AppAssure/Rapid Recovery agents may have the following symptoms:
1) VSS writers are in a 'waiting for completion' or 'failed' state causing AppAssure/Rapid Recovery snapshots to fail
2) Unexpected space is consumed on the protected volume.
To remove the default Windows OS volume shadow copy schedule take the following steps:
1) Right click a drive letter on the system and choose 'Configure Shadow Copies'
2) Select a Drive letter and Settings option
3) Select schedule (by default 2 schedules exist - for 7.00 and 12.00 respectively) - as illustrated below
4) Delete each of these schedules if they are not required
Deleting existing Windows shadow copies
If shadow copies created with the Windows schedule for configure shadow copies exist (as in below illustration) and these are not required the space can be reclaimed with the following steps:
1) From an administrative command prompt type : Diskshadow
2) Type: delete shadows all