- when getting an error: "Task ID (number) Task Name (task name) Return Code: 2 Error description: The system cannot find the file specified."
- Click edit Tasks.xml, and look through the code for the task in question. See example here:
VBS - GetSetAsset
- go to the specified Working Directory %systemdrive%\KACE\Applications\219 . Try to manually run the file in question.
- If the file is a vbscript, add cscript in front of your command. If the vbscript does not require parameters, it could also be changed to be a Windows Script task.
- this problem does commonly happen after update from 3.6 to 3.7.
- if you upgraded from 3.5, then it's possible the task engine does not recognize the way the task is formatted, work through the following checklist, https://support.quest.com/kb/118913