Recently I implemented some Tomcat X-Agents. I renamed the agents using the "-Dquest.agent.appserverinfo=" parameter of the java start up options. However when I did this a mistake was made and I ended up with 3 agents, 2 with the incorrect names and one with the correct name.
To clean up these orphaned agents I stopped them in the Agents- >Agents Status dashboard and then deleted the objects using Foglight- >Servers- >Data Management- >X-Agent Model. I also removeD the file $FGLHOME/state/javaee/agents.history .However, I seem to be unable to clean-out these orphaned X-Agents
When we looked at the X-Agent model in the Script Editor, we found the unwanted XAgentServer instances.
When we selected these XAgentServer instances, we found a PerformaSureAgent referencing them.
These PerformaSureAgent instances did not appear in the Agent Status page because they were no longer active.
We concluded that the PerformaSureAgent instances may be the culprits holding the reference to the unwanted XAgentServer instances.