To access the page from the navigation panel, select: Dashboards | Administration | Agents | Agent Status.
Use the following steps to create a new agent instance:
- Click the Create Agent button and follow the instructions for the cards:
- Host Selector - Choose the Agent Manager on which the agent should run. Considerations for this may include physical or virtual locality to the monitored instance, allocated resources, or grouping with other agents of the same type or monitored environment.
- Agent Type and Instance Name – Select the SAPHANA Agent type. Then, select the “Specify Name” radio button and provide a name for the agent created. This is not canonical and should be representative of the database system that this agent will monitor.
- Summary – Click Finish.
- Once the agent is created, click the checkbox next to the newly created agent.
- Click the “Edit Properties” button.
- Select “Modify the default properties for this agent.”
- Edit the agent properties for the SAP HANA agent instance – see Agent Properties in Knowledgebase Article 311458.
- Click “Save,” return to the Agent Status screen, reselect the agent as necessary and click the “Activate” button.
To modify the properties for an existing agent, skip to steps 3-6 and subsequently select “Deactivate” followed by “Activate” to restart the agent.
The following video describes the process to create the new agent.