To add and configure a Foglight for Office 365 agent:
1. Click Create Agent
on the Agents management toolbar.
The Create an Office 365 Agent wizard appears.
2. On the Manage Permissions for Office 365
page, carefully read the instructions about the steps that you need to take before proceeding with the wizard, then click the link Click here to go to Office 365 web page for application permission consent
You are redirected to the Foglight for Office 365 login page.
3. Log in using the credentials of an administrator account.
4. Obtain the Office 365 Admin Consent for a tenant application to be monitored. Review the following permissions:
- Read activity data for your organization (Office 365 Management APIs)
- Read service health information for your organization (Office 365 Management APIs)
- Read contacts in all mailboxes ▪ Read calendars in all mailboxes
- Read all users’ full profiles
- Read all groups
- Read directory data
- View users’ email address
- View users’ basic profile
- Enable sign-on and read user’s profiles
to complete the permission consent and be redirected to the Foglight login page.
5. Log into the Foglight browser interface using your user credentials.
The Create an Office 365 Agent
wizard appears, with the Manage Permissions for Office 365
6. Click Next
7. On the Select Agent Manager Host
page, select the Foglight Agent Manager host to be used for the new Office 365 agent instances. The table displays the following Foglight Agent Manager information:
- Host Name
- The Office 365 Package Deployed column indicates whether the Office 365 agent package is already deployed to the Agent Manager host(s). A green check in this column indicates that the agent package has been deployed.
NOTE: This value is not aware of a package’s version. Therefore, if you have upgraded the cartridge, you must deploy the new agent package even if this column indicates that the FglaM host already has an agent package.
8. On the Assign and Validate Domain Credentials
page, review the available credentials, and edit them, as necessary.
- To create a new credential, click Add domain to a new credential.
- In the Create New Credential and Assign dialog box, create a credential that you want to use to access the monitored resource. Type a new credential name, user name, password, and lockbox, and click Submit.
- To select an existing credential, click Add domain to an existing credential.
- In the Select Existing Credential dialog box, select an existing credential, and click Submit.
9. On the Summary
page, review the configuration settings chosen for the new agent, and click Finish
The Agent Setup
wizard closes. A confirmation dialog appears when the operation is complete.
10. Click OK
to close the dialog box.
The Foglight for Office 365 agent is now added and configured, and appears in the Office 365 Environment dashboard | Administration tab