The Rapid CIFS plug-in must be installed onto the media server type you choose.
Installation Instruction Steps:
1. On the media server, map a network share to your CIFS-enabled container.
2. Download the plug-in Installer from the Quest website or the GUI.
3. Open a command prompt with the "Run as Administrator" option selected. To do this using the Windows Start menu, click Start/All Programs/Accessories. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator. This gives all the required privileges to install/copy the driver files to the Windows drivers folder.
4. Run DellRapidCIFS-xxxxx.msi.
5. Follow the installation prompts. All files are installed to Program Files\Dell\Rapid CIFS.
6. To ensure that the plug-in is running successfully, check the Windows Event log file.
Virtual Machine Update Manager (VM-UM) for DR2000v
1. Using the DR Series system GUI, select Support, and click the Software Upgrade link (or select Support/Software Upgrade).
The Software Upgrade page is displayed.
2. Type the path of the software upgrade file in the Select the upgrade file from local disk (or click Browse..., and navigate to the location where you downloaded the system software upgrade file).
3. Select the software upgrade file, and click Open.
4. Click Start Upgrade.
When you initiate a DR Series system software upgrade, the navigation panel displays only the Support page and the Software Upgrade option.
The administrator that initiated the software upgrade (known as the initiator administrator) sees a System Information pane that displays an alert and upgrade status, and the Current Version and Upgrade History versions of the DR Series system software listed in the Software Info pane.
There are only three possible outcomes during a DR Series system software upgrade operation:
Upgrade has completed successfully - no reboot is required.
Upgrade has completed successfully - but a reboot is required (click Reboot in the Software Upgrade page).
Upgrade has failed.
NOTE: If the DR Series system software upgrade operation fails, you can reboot the system and attempt another software upgrade operation using the DR Series system GUI. If this is unsuccessful, you can use the DR Series system CLI system --show command to view the current System State status. DR Series system software upgrades can also be performed using the DR Series system CLI. If both the DR Series system GUI and CLI attempts are unsuccessful, for details, see the DR Series System Command Line Reference Guide.
NOTE: The DR Series system only supports the copying of upgrade images and diagnostics files to and from the system using WinSCP. The DR Series system does not support the copying or deleting of any other file types using WinSCP. To use WinSCP to copy DR Series software upgrade and diagnostics log files, ensure that the File Protocol mode is set to SCP (Secure Copy) mode.
NOTE: You can use other SCP tools with the DR Series system, but you cannot use these other SCP tools to copy other types of files to or from the DR Series system.