CODE WRITTEN BY QUEST KACE SUPPORT FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY AND NOT SUPPORTED BY KACE TECHNICAL SUPPORT. CLIENT CONFIRMS THE NEED FOR TESTING AND ACCEPTS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR USE AND MISUSE OF CODE. QUEST KACE SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DAMAGE OR DOWN TIME RESULTING FROM USE OF THIS OR ANY CODE PRESENTED FOR PURPOSES OF TROUBLESHOOTING OR DEMONSTRATION
To create a Custom Inventory Rule navigate to Inventory | Software | Choose Action | New
- Give your Inventory rule a meaningful name. For example: "CIR - Retrieve amp.conf host information"
- Select target devices: You may choose to apply the custom inventory rule to just a group devices, in which case you may assign a label (or multiple labels) to the rule.
- Select target Operating System: depending on the target devices, you can determine the target OS for your rule. For this example we will be using All Windows.
- Type the command/instructions for your custom inventory rule. For details on the syntax for KACE SMA custom inventory rules please click on the question mark icon next to "Custom Inventory Rule" label.
For our example, we will retrieve the KACE SMA host information as found on the amp.conf file on C:\programdata\Quest\Kace directory.
5. The inventory rule would look as follows:
ShellCommandTextReturn(cmd /c type cd c:\"Program Files (x86)"\Quest\KACE\ & amptools.exe get host)
6. The results will show on the Device Inventory under Software | Custom Inventory Fields