How to configure an HDS storage agent.
The Connection between the HDS AMS and the FglAM will use SMIS (ports 5988 and 5989)
Suite users are also SMI-S users, so any Command Suite account can be used.
Requirements for Hitachi Data Systems AMS
Your environment must meet the following requirements:
• The Hitachi HiCommand server is on a different server than Foglight for Storage Management.
• Hitachi Command Suite 7.0 or later is installed on the Hitachi HiCommand server.
• The SMI-S component is installed on the Hitachi HiCommand server.
• Foglight for Storage Management requires a Command Suite account. By default, all Hitachi Command Suite users are also SMI-S users, so any Command Suite account can be used.
Hitachi Tuning Manager
• If you want to collect additional metrics with the Hitachi Tuning Manager:
• The Hitachi HiCommand server is running on a Windows Server (so that Foglight for Storage
Management can collect metrics from the Tuning Manager).
• The Tuning Manager is enabled on the Hitachi HiCommand server. Tuning Manager is included in Command Suite 7.0 or later, but is licensed separately. For more information, see the Hitachi Command Suite Installation Guide.
• Foglight for Storage Management requires a user account on the Windows Server hosting the
Hitachi HiCommand server with the Tuning Manager enabled. The account must be configured to run the Tuning Manager.
• By default CommandSuite (Device Manager) does not automatically refreshes data from Storage Devices that are connected to it. SMI-S is part of the Device Manager, so it does not refresh data as well. In order to make Device Manager refresh data following command below needs to be run on time schedule:
HiCommandCLI.bat" http://localhost:2001/service -u system -p manager RefreshStorageArrays
The latest version of vFoglight Storage can be downloaded at:
© 2022 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback Nutzungsbedingungen Datenschutz