The Databases Administration dashboard allows settings options for collecting, storing, and displaying data, which apply to all the currently selected agents. Click a category of settings on the left (for example: Connection Details) to open a view containing related settings on the right.
The metrics defined under the Databases Administration dashboard apply to all of the agents that were selected before opening the Databases Administration dashboard. As a result, the same unit of measure and aggregation value for display are enforced for all currently selected agents.
To view the full list of selected agents, click the Selected Agents button at the upper right corner of the screen. To change the list of agents to which the metrics will apply, exit the Databases Administration dashboard, select the requested agents and re-open the view.
If the settings vary between the selected agents (for example: one agent uses the measurement unit kilobyte, while another uses megabyte), the fields that contain non-identical values are displayed as empty and marked with an Inconsistent Values () icon.
Changes made to settings should be saved before selecting another category of settings.
To save changes made in an Administration dashboard view:
- In the Database Administration dashboard, select a category from the menu.
- Make changes to settings as necessary.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the view.
If you attempt to exit the view without saving changes, a Warning dialog box prompts you to confirm your action.
* NOTE: If you attempt to select instances of more than one type of database, such as an SQL Server database and DB2 instance, an error message is displayed.
* TIP: The list of agents you selected can be found by clicking Selected Agents.