ApexSQL Log is a DBA tool and is licensed per SQL Server instance.
This means that each instance requires a license. If there are 3 instances, 3 licenses are needed.
It's irrelevant whether these 3 instances are on a single physical machine or on three machines.
The number of licenses also doesn't depend on virtualization or the number of users.
To activate a desired SQL Server instance within the ApexSQL Log please do the following:
1. Run ApexSQL Log UI
2. Click the “Activate” button in the “Resources” tab
3. Click the “Add server” button to add a desired SQL Server instance and in the “Connect to SQL Server” window choose it from the Server drop down list
4. Select added server from the “Server activation center” window
5. Click the “Activate server” button to open the “Activate” window
6. Here enter the license key: ****-******* to activate the selected instance
7. Click the OK button and If license key is valid, the “Product successfully activated” message will be displayed
8. Click the OK button to close the window and finish the activation
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback Nutzungsbedingungen Datenschutz Cookie Preference Center