When upgrading to Exchange 2010, 2013 or 2016, there are configuration changes that will need to be made in your Exchange and Archive Manager environments.
1. Remove Exchange Management Tools and install MAPI CDO 1.2.1 on the Archive Manager server.
Exchange 2010/2013 requires v6.5.8320.0 or later:
To connect to Exchange 2016 a 32 bit version of Outlook 2013 must be installed for the MAPI component. Un-install the "MAPI CDO 1.2.1 " and install a 32 bit version of Outlook.
Note: As of Archive Manager 5.3, the only MAPI component that will work with Exchange 2016 is Outlook 2013 32 bit.
IMPORTANT: The update KB3114816 for Office and later versions (except KB3114941 and KB4022169) should NOT be installed for Outlook 2013 SP1 because they may crash the ESM service due to a bug from Microsoft.
2. Restart the Archive Manager Active Directory Connector Service so new mail servers and mailboxes are located and populated in Archive Manager.
3. Verify the Enable Store Manager check-box is enabled for all new Exchange 2010, 2013 and 2016 servers under Archive Manager | Administration | Mail Servers.
4. Add the Archive Manager Service Users group to the View-Only Organization Management Exchange Security Role group. This can be accomplished though Active Directory Users and Computers or by opening Exchange Management Console | Toolbox | Role Based Access Control User Editor | Administrator Roles. This can also be completed by running the following cmdlet in Exchange Management Shell:
>Add-RoleGroupMember "View-Only Organization Management" -Member
5. The account running the Archive Manager Exchange Store Manager Service will need the Receive-As permissions to all mailboxes. By default this is the ArchiveMgr_ESM account.
By default this permission is applied at the database level. After adding new databases re-run the following command in the Exchange Management shell.
6. Reapply Message Policies if required on the Mail Server level in Archive Manager | Administration | Mail Servers.
If you are Journaling in your Exchange environment, the following additional steps will need to be completed:
To Implement Journaling Rules for Exchange 2010 or 2013
1. Open the Exchange Management Console to begin setting up journaling rules.
2. Under the Organization Configuration node, select Hub Transport.
3. In the Hub Transport page, select the Journal Rules tab.
4. In the Actions pane, select New Journal Rule.
5. In the Rule name box, enter a name for the journal rule you are about to create.
6. In the Send Journal reports to email address box, enter the name of the mailbox you created for journaling on the Exchange Server for Archive Manager.
This refers to the ArchiveMgr_Journal mailbox created in the Create a Journal Mailbox section of the installation guide.
7. In the Scope field, select Global – all messages.
8. Leave the Journal messages for recipient checkbox unselected.
9. Select the Enable Rule checkbox to activate this journaling rule for the Exchange Server.
10. Click New to save your changes.
11. Click Finish to exit the New Journal Rule wizard.