As a prerequisite for this task, you must create an Active Directory (AD) web application in your Azure subscription. For more information, see Creating an Azure Active Directory web application.
When associating an Azure cloud account with the Rapid Recovery Core, one parameter you must provide is the tenant ID. Azure calls this parameter the directory ID. The directory ID is a property of the Active Directory (AD) web application you create within your Azure subscription.
Complete the steps in this procedure to obtain the directory ID for your AD web application from your Azure account.
- From the Azure navigation menu, click Azure Active Directory.
- From the Properties pane, scroll down if necessary and click Properties.
- From the Properties Details pane, copy the Directory ID value to an easily accessible location. This parameter is referred to in the Rapid Recovery Core Console as the tenant ID.
- Finally, as an Azure user with administrative privileges, add the Owner role to your web application by doing the following:
- From the Azure navigation menu, click All services.
- From the General category, click Subscriptions and then click on your Azure subscription.
- In the Subscription blade, click Access control (IAM), and then click + Add.
The Add permissions dialog box appears.
- From the Role drop-down menu, select Owner.
- From the Assign access to drop-down menu, select Azure AD user, group, or application.
- From the Select drop-down menu, search for and select the name of your AD web application, and then click Save.