1. Go to Maintenance | Stat Agent | Email Settings and select a service domain
2. In the Configuration tab, enter the agent domain e-mail address. This has to be a valid email address if you are using inbound approval
3. Make sure to check the allow inbound approval emails option. Enter the SMTP Settings server information and do a test connection
4. Enter the POP settings configuration or IMAP. Do a test connection and it’s should say successful.
5. Go to the Approvals tab and check the fields to include in message
6. Go to Tools | Table Dump Utility and query for SELECT * FROM AGENT_SYSTEM_JOB. Verify that Inboundmail is set to Y for the enable column. If not, then you would need to set this column to Y through SQL*Plus or Query Analyzer depending on your stat DB platform.
7. Go to Maintenance | Security Settings | User Maintenance | Highlight the user that you would like to receive email (Approver) | Enter a valid email address for this user
NOTE: The enforcement has to be placed in the PS Connect/OraApps Window – Req.Migr.Approval checkbox.
Also, you must enforce the Migration Approval in the PS options button:
8. Open up a CSR that you would like to do the migration approval. And drag and drop the archive set to perform the migration.
Note: If we do not click the ‘Ready to migrate’ checkbox and save to enable the Migration Target button. You will get the following error:
This is the view after enabling the Migration Target Button:
9. Then click the Approval List button and the user (Approver) who will receive the request:
10. The SCA will process the request in a few minutes so that the Approval will receive an email similar to the screenshot below. DO NOT click on the reply button. Just click Approve and send the email as it is.
11. Let SCA few minutes more to process the approval. We can see on the CSR the Migration Status has been changed to ‘In Process’
12. Now if you go back and look at the Migration approval window, note the status has been changed to Approved.