You see the following error when running an Exchange Configuration Collection:
Error: Unable to retrieve Exchange mailbox database properties. Check the configuration for the PowerShell connection. Ensure the data collection credential has sufficient access rights to run the Get-MailboxDatabase cmdlet.. Details: Remote power shell connection failed. Connecting to remote server <IP Specified, or ArrayName in config> failed with the following error message : The WinRM client cannot process the request. Default authentication may be used with an IP address under the following conditions: the transport is HTTPS or the destination is in the TrustedHosts list, and explicit credentials are provided. Use winrm.cmd to configure TrustedHosts. Note that computers in the TrustedHosts list might not be authenticated. For more information on how to set TrustedHosts run the following command: winrm help config. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
1. Open Windows Powershell from the UCCS- Analytics machine
2. Run the following cmdlet:
$s = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://<NetbiosServerName>/PowerShell/ -Authentication Kerberos -Credential (Get-Credential)
- Replace <NetbiosServerName> with the NetBIOS name of your CAS Server.
- Enter in your DataService Credentials
3. Then run:
4. Run Get-MailboxDatabase
It should return the results. Then you know Remote Powershell is working as it should. If you get an error you will need to troubleshoot why remote powershell is not working.
5. From the UCCS A Console in Exchange Configuration of the collection use Kerberos Authentication and the HostName of a CAS server when making the connection