Is there something that can be done to make the editor search work better? It is not very cumbersome to use and very annoying.
1. Open editor with a package loaded
2. Press ctrl-f
3. Check: “Wrap around”, “Forward”, “Global”, “From Cursor”
4. Yype what you want to find
5. Press enter.
6. First occurrence is found
7. Press enter
8. Second occurrence is highlighted
9. Keep pressing enter till the last is found
10. Then a message pops up saying “Search string ‘xyz’ not found.
Why didn’t it wrap and show the first occurrence?
Why is it necessary to click “Next”?
My hands are nowhere near the mouse, so I lose momentum. If “Wrap around” is checked, then wrap around!!!!
Searching should be fast and effortless.
Use F3 instead.