When importing data from within Toad using the Import Data Wizard, the preview results window is misleading.
1. Create table with column type = number
2. Create txt or xls file with data in the form 10,42
3. Import data from txt or xls file with Decimal Symbol = “.”
4. Preview Results displays a value of 10,42
5. Value imported into db = 1042
The preview window is previewing the data in the import file, rather than the expected data within the table.
Ensure that the decimal separator in Toad import is set to the same character used in the data file being imported.
e.g. data file contains 10, 42 ensure decimal separator = ‘,’
Waiting for a fix in a future version of Toad for Oracle