Toad Is making unrelated packages invalid when trying to Executing or debugging a package with compiled with debug.
1. I have packages QTEST1, QTEST2, QTEST3, QTEST4.
2. QTEST2 calls on QTEST1. QTEST2 has an error in it, so it wonnâ€t run; this is on purpose for this test.
3. QTEST4 calls on QTEST3. They are both based on the same code as QTEST2 and QTEST1 respectively, except I commented out the error, so QTEST4 runs fine.
4. QTEST4 and QTEST3 pair is separate from QTEST2 and QTEST1 pair. They donnâ€t call each other. They do, however, use the same objects types.
5. I can right mouse click on QTEST4 and run it, just fine, no matter if it is compiled without or with debugger.
6. If I right mouse click on QTEST4 and do â€Compile dependenciessâ€ it should only compile QTEST4 and QTEST3. Everything is still valid.
7. Once again, ittâ€s still valid even if I compiled with debug.
8. Hereeâ€s the problem. I open up QTEST4 in the Editor window and from there, I try to run using the lightning bolt icon, it prompts me to recompile reference objects, If I hit â€Nooâ€ it runs fine. And everything is still compiled fine.
9. However, if I pressed â€Yessâ€ in the execution in the Editor, it makes QTEST1 and QTEST2 invalid.
10. The same scenario goes if I try to debug QTEST4.
11. I can highlight them all and compiled them again.
Waiting for fix in future release of Toad for Oracle.