When using Toad for Oracle via VMWare ThinApp 4.01 the following errors occur:
Unable to write to C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\9.7\User Files\TOADPARAMS.INI
The problem occurs 100% of the time once it starts happening; when doing the following (there may be any number of steps between):
1. Open connections to 2 databases.
2. Run the compare schemas function.
3. Open a file differences window.
4. Open 2nd file differences window without closing the first.
5. Close one of the file differences windows.
6. When I close the 2nd file differences window Toad abends.
Enhancement Request ST63524 has been submitted to Development for consideration in a future release of Toad for Oracle.
Basic steps in Toad do not cause any issues.