When executing long PL/SQL procedures, the following error is thrown:
The Oracle debugger is not responding
Warning: Aborting may leave a session open on the server
The debug session is timing out.
1. Open Toad.
2. Go to View | Options.
3. Look for Debugger from the left hand pane.
4. Increase the 'Debug Session timeout' e.g. 360 seconds or more depending on how long the procedure is expected to run.
5. Apply the changes and close Toad.
6. Start Toad again and rerun the procedure.
The 'Debug Session timeout' option is limited to accept 4 digits (e.g. 9999 seconds). If the procedure is expected to run more than that, perform the following:
1. Close Toad.
2. Edit toad.ini found in Toad installation folder\User Files.
3. Do a search for "DebugTimeout=" and set it to a desired 5 digit value (e.g. "DebugTimeout=99999").
4. Save toad.ini.
5. Start Toad and rerun the procedure.