A SQL cannot be saved as an existing Named SQL.
1. Enter simple SQL statement in editor.
2. Save as a new Named SQL.
3. Clear the editor.
4. Open the Named SQL just saved.
5. Make changed to that SQL (i.e. add condition, etc.).
6. Save to Named SQL using same name.
7. Respond yes when asked if you want to replace existing.
8. Clear the editor.
9. Open the same Named SQL. Note the changes are reflected.
10. Close Toad
11. Open Toad
12. Open same Named SQL again. Note this time, the changes are not show and only the initially saved simple SQL is recalled.
Issue fixed in version 8.6.1 and newer. The latest version of Toad for Oracle can be downloaded at: http://support.quest.com/support_download/Downloads.asp