When I started Toad for Oracle, the following error occurs:
The application has encountered a problem.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Invalid data type for 'FileNetPath'.
After clicking OK, Toad proceeds to open, however there are problems opening more than one session of Toad for Oracle. Toad has also been known to sometimes shuts down.
FileNet is not a software or module provided by Quest. Toad is probably trying to read some general registry it normally needs and just happens to come across the registry info for FileNet which it cannot read or have access to.
Uninstall and reinstall the FileNet software
Uninstall the FileNet software completely but please check what FileNet is and its importance to your organization before removing it completely
1. Go to the following registries:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | ControlSet001 | Control | Session Manager | Environment
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | ControlSet002 | Control | Session Manager | Environment
2. Check to see if there is a FileNetPath in each registry
3. If so, rename (or delete) one of the FileNetPath
Note: Please check with your system admin before making any changes to your registry.
It appears that with each install of FileNet IDM the FileNetPath adds the new disk location and the uninstall never removes the old disk location.