In remote database:
As user A:
- create table F.
- create view W based on table F.
- create public synonym F for A.W.
- grant select,insert,update,delete on F to B.
As user B:
- create private synonym F for A.F.
In local database:
As user C:
- create private database link to user B at remote database.
- describe F@remote.
Toad incorrectly returns description of view A.W (i.e. follows the public synonym), rather than table A.F (via the private synonym).
A 'select from F@remote' will return the correct information from A.F via the private synonym.
Is there any way to rectify this in Toad?
Waiting for fix in a future release of Toad for Oracle.