When generating a schema script, the following error appears:
"Cannot create file "\\.\CON". The system cannot find the file specified"
This can be seen from the following steps:
1. Go to Database | Export | Generate Schema Script.
2. Tick only the schema with a private synonym from the source and output tab.
3. Tick 'Create Individual object DDL Files' and enter the path for the top-level-directory.
4. Select the 'Object Types' tab
5. Tick only the private synonyms (leaving the rest unticked)
6. Click on 'Generate'.
After a while the error message will appear.
This problem usually occurs when a private synonym is created.
De-select Private Synonyms. This will avoid crashing.
Waiting for fix in a future release of Toad for oracle.