User is able to compile any procedure, package, functions, etc and set the parameters. However, when using the DBMS debugger to debug (Trace into, execute), the following error occurs: Access violation in module 'oci.dll'.
Microsoft Data Execution Prevention (DEP) allowed TOAD 9.6.1 to launch but not interact with other DLLs.
1. Reboot the PC.
2. You may be notified by Windows the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is active.
3. Change settings in the Windows DEP to allow Toad and modules and Oracle to execute.
More information on Microsoft DEP:
If changing the Microsoft DEP setting does not help, please test the following to troubleshoot:
1. Test connection and debug with another Oracle client, such as an instant client.
2. Test using the JDWP debugger in Toad.
3. Test by using Oracle SQL*Plus to debug. If the same issue occurs in the other application, it is not a Toad issue and related to the Oracle setup.