I am getting the error " exception unknown software exception 0x0eedfade occurred in app" right after installing Toad and starting it up.
Please try the following steps below using Quest Installer to remove Toad.
1. Go to Start | All Programs | Quest Software | Quest Installer | Quest Installer
2. Select "Uninstall a Product" and click on Next.
3. Check mark all the products; including any and all trials and click on Next.
4. Click on Uninstall.
5. Verify that there are no Toad for Oracle Folders and Shortcut items left in your computer.
6. Enter "Regedit" in Start | Run command prompt.
7. Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | Quest Software | TOAD or Toad for Oracle | Toad 220.127.116.11. Right-click on it, select "Rename" option and rename it Toad 9.6 OLD. (Do not make any additional changes to the registry.)
8. Then, restart your computer.
9. Download a fresh copy of Toad for Oracle from
Disclaimer : Quest does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 "Description of the Microsoft Windows registry": http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=256986